, Northern Outcrop - East (Morlais to Abergavenny)
map using leaflet map:
A large entrance facing South, just to the North of a shallow lake in a peat hollow.
The cave is well known as part of the Chartist Movement folklore, being occupied prior to the Newport Rising in 1839. The entrance leads to two passages. The West passage is excavated to a lower series of phreatic chambers and rifts (SVCC, 1970). Length 480m. The East passage ends in a boulder choke after 21m.